Nutritional Facts about Blueberries
- Blueberries contain a plant compound called anthocynanin. This gives blueberries both their blue color and many of their health benefits.
- One cup of blueberries provides 24% of a person recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C.
- One cup of Blueberry fruits has 84 calories and close to 4 grams of fiber.
- These have the higher amount of antioxidants.
- They both contribute to a healthy diet having several nutritional similarities like anthocyanins, antioxidants and mineral for bone health.
- They slightly vary in vitamin and fiber contents with different nutritional value.
- Blueberry is the native fruit of North America that available in the month of July. It is the most delicious fruit having several health benefits.
- Use Blueberries to top waffles, pancakes, yogurt, oatmeal or cereal and blend them in a smoothie or syrup or fol them into muffins and sweet breads.
- Nutritional Facts about Blueberries in a fresh one cup:
Other Nutrients in Blueberries
Nutrients in 1 Cup (148 g)
- 36% Daily Value of Vitamin K
- 25% Daily Value of Manganese
- 24% Daily Value of Vitamin C
- 14% Daily Value of Fiber
Health Benefits of Blueberries
- Maintain healthy bones
- Healthy skin
- Lowering blood pressure
- Managing diabetes
- Protecting against heart disease
- Preventing cancer
- improving mental health
- Healthy digestion and weight loss
- Rich in Fiber
- Save from prostate cancer and protect against heart disease.
- Improve memory, balance and coordination-potentially promising for those with Alzheimer’s disease.